In this Capitol Report:
Governmental Affairs Council Discusses Housing & Other Legislative Priorities
This week, the Colorado Chamber held its Governmental Affairs Council meeting with over 80 Colorado Chamber members in attendance. The participants had the opportunity to hear a presentation by Eleni Angelides, Deputy Legislative Director, Office of the Governor, who shared Governor Polis’ legislative priorities including affordable housing, workforce development and energy. She was also joined by Jarett Hughes, Deputy Policy Director for Gov. Polis and Xander Martin, Director of Government Affairs for the Office of Economic Development and International Trade (OEDIT).
Council members also heard presentations by the Colorado Association of Realtors and Colorado Apartment Association regarding potential housing and zoning legislation to be considered during this legislative session. The Council also discussed some of the priority labor & employment, health care, energy & environment bills and taxation bills that are moving through the legislative process and took formal positions on the following bills:
- HB 1090 – Limit Metropolitan District Director Conflicts [Oppose]
- HB 1011 – Consumer Right To Repair Agricultural Equipment [Oppose]
- HB 1115 – Repeal Prohibition on Rent Control [Oppose]
- SB 066 – Accelerated Industries Grant Program [Support]
Please contact Meghan Dollar, SVP of Governmental Affairs, with any questions regarding the Colorado Chamber Governmental Affairs Council or other Chamber policy councils.
Save the Dates - Upcoming Council Meetings
Tax Council – Feb. 3rd
- Representative Marc Snyder, Chair of House Finance Committee – Representative Snyder will share his priorities as the new Chair of the Finance Committee and the tax and finance related legislation he anticipates to be heard in the House Finance Committee.
- Jaclyn Terwey, Legislative & Policy Advocate for the Colorado Municipal League – Jaclyn will provide an update on the participation in the sales and use tax system by local jurisdictions.
Health Care Council – Feb. 9th
- Representative Lindsey Daughtery, Chair of the House Health & Insurance Committee – Representative Daughtery will discuss priorities of the Health and Insurance Committee
- Representative Andrew Boesenecker – Representative Boesenecker will discuss proposed legislation to study the feasibility of a single-payer health care system.
View the complete list of policy council meetings on the online calendar.