The state of Colorado is launching a new business tool as part of their “Power the Comeback” campaign, which will encourage businesses to do their part by supporting employees who want to get vaccinated and by promoting policies that create COVID-safe workplaces.
Through this campaign, businesses can take the Power the Comeback business pledge. There are several one-off steps a business can take for this pledge, including encouraging unvaccinated folks to wear a mask indoors or providing an incentive for employees to get vaccinated.
Be one of the first Colorado businesses to take the pledge here.
Here are some of the ways you can help public-facing workers understand the benefits of getting vaccinated and understand the support their employers can provide. You can take the pledge by pledging to do any one or more of the following:
- Host a vaccine clinic for employees.
- Promote information about the Colorado law that mandates paid time off to get the vaccine and recover from vaccine side effects.
- Provide incentives for employees to get vaccinated (e.g., cash bonuses, additional paid time off, etc.).
- Share information about nearby vaccination clinics with employees and customers.
- Commit to posting ample signage about safe COVID-19 behaviors, mask rules for those who are unvaccinated, employee rights, and quarantining rules if exposed to COVID-19.
- Have a policy in place that encourages any individual aged 12 and older, who is not fully vaccinated, to continue wearing a mask inside your workplace.
- Schedule a vaccine event/promotion for your customers/patrons.
A toolkit that includes posters, graphics and other materials for use will be available once your pledge is received. Read the full press release here.
Thank you for your efforts to help power Colorado’s comeback!