National Civics Bee
- Crystal Lind Events Manager Events@COChamber.com
Calling all middle school students! The Colorado Chamber of Commerce invites you to share your ideas and show off your civic skills in the National Civics Bee competition!
The National Civics Bee is an annual competition that encourages young Americans to engage in civics and contribute to their communities. The competition will start at the local level, hosted by five local chamber of commerce partners across Colorado. First, local 6th, 7th and 8th students will participate in an essay competition. For each local region, judges will select 20 finalists to participate in a live quiz event testing their civics knowledge. First-place winners for each local competition will receive a $500 cash prize.
How to Participate:
- Colorado middle school students from public, private, charter and home schools must submit their entry to just one of the following five local chambers of commerce participating in this year’s competition.
- See below for the local chamber located nearest to your residence to go directly to that chamber’s competition page. You will submit your entry directly to the local chamber that you have selected. Important: Students may only choose one of the five local chamber civics bees to enter. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
- Click here for more information on event eligibility, rules and guidelines, judging criteria, the entry essay and more. Additional information for each local region can be found on the event pages below
Participating Local Chamber Events and Essay Submissions
Find details on each local event and the online essay submission forms below:
- Arvada Chamber of Commerce: Local Civics Bee Competition and Essay Submission
- Buena Vista Chamber of Commerce: Local Civics Bee Competition and Essay Submission
- Craig Chamber of Commerce: Home Page and Essay Submission
- Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce: Local Civics Bee Competition and Essay Submission
- Pueblo Chamber of Commerce: Home Page and Essay Submission
The top 3 students from each region will advance to the statewide competition hosted by the Colorado Chamber of Commerce, which will be held on May 19, 2023 in Denver. The first-place winner of the statewide competition will receive a $1000 cash prize ($500 for second place and $250 for third place).
Colorado Chamber 2023 Statewide Civics Bee Event