In this Capitol Report:
Update on Vaccine Mandate & What Colorado Employers Need to Know
During the summer President Biden and his administration announced vaccine mandate requirements for employers with 100+ employees. After that announcement, OSHA issued an Emergency Temporary Standard (ETS) to implement the mandate, however several lawsuits were filed against the mandate in courts across the nation. Below is an update on the court rulings:
- On December 17, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit reinstated the OSHA ETS requiring employers with 100 or more employees to ensure their employees are fully vaccinated by January 4 or allow employees to submit weekly negative test results. This was a reversal of the previous stay by the Fifth Circuit.
- On December 22, the U.S. Supreme Court scheduled oral arguments on the ETS for January 7.
- Due to the ongoing litigation, OSHA updated its enforcement policy stating it “is exercising enforcement discretion with respect to the compliance dates of the ETS.” It will not issue any citations before January 10 and will not enforce the vaccine or testing requirement until February 9 “so long as an employer is exercising reasonable, good faith efforts to come into compliance with the standard.”
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding this vaccine mandate.
Participate in 2022 Chamber Policy Councils to Change New Laws & Regulations!
The Colorado Chamber Policy Councils are at the core of the Chamber’s work, offering a unique opportunity for members to add their expertise to our policy-making, and influence legislation and regulations that impact business. Council meetings provide a dialogue between our members, legislators and state agency leaders. The 2022 Council schedule can be found below:
- HealthCare Council – January 13th
- Tax Council – January 14th
- Energy & Environment Council – January 18th
- Labor & Employment Council – January 19th
- Governmental Affairs Council – January 25th
- Tax Council – February 4th
- HealthCare Council – February 10th
- Labor & Employment Council – February 16th
- Governmental Affairs Council – February 22nd
- Energy & Environment Council – February 23rd
- Tax Council – March 4th
- HealthCare Council – March 10th
- Labor & Employment Council – March 16th
- Energy & Environment Council – March 23rd
- Governmental Affairs Council – March 29th
- Tax Council – April 1st
- HealthCare Council – April 7th
- Labor & Employment Council – April 13th
- Energy & Environment Council – April 20th
- Governmental Affairs Council – April 26th
How to Join a Council
All Colorado Chamber members can join one or more councils, and as a Council member, you’ll receive notices of current issues of interest, meet with government officials, help craft legislation, testify on legislation, and provide your expertise to the Governmental Affairs team. https://cochamber.com/issues-advocacy/policy-councils/
How to Participate:
Council meetings will be held both in-person in our conference room located at 1600 Broadway, Ste. 1000, Denver, and be available virtually via Zoom. To RSVP for a Council meeting or sponsor a Council meeting please contact Laura Moss at email@example.com.