In this Capitol Report:
Sales & Use Tax Simplification Task Force Will Start Meeting Again
Please be advised that the legislative Sales & Use Tax Simplification Task Force will start meeting again now that the 2019 Legislative Session is over. The schedule for the Task Force meetings is as follows:
- Wednesday, June 12th
- Monday, July 22nd
- Wednesday, August 21st
- Wednesday, September 11th
All meetings will be held in the Old State Library (Room 271) at the State Capitol from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm.
We would also note that during the last 2018 Task Force meeting, the members discussed hearing certain topics during the 2019 Task Force meetings. Some of those topics may include those listed below, however an agenda for the first meeting will be made available once finalized:
- Updates regarding Senate Bill 19-006 – Sales & Use Tax Simplification System http://leg.colorado.gov/bills/sb19-006;
- Online sales tax collections from out-of-state retailers by local jurisdictions
- Modifications to the use tax
- Simplified sales tax remittance forms
- Current audit process.
Please contact Loren Furman at email@example.com or at 303-866-942 if you have any questions regarding this Task Force or the upcoming meetings.
Federal Policy Council, Tuesday, June 4th: Just 2 Weeks away!
Join us to talk about Infrastructure Investment
What “infrastructure” means for Colorado & Congress
Guest Speakers for June 4th:
- Lauren Leeman, Director Western Region, Member & Board Relations, NAM
- Andy Merritt, State Director, U.S. Sen. Cory Gardner
- Julie Duvall, State Director U.S. Sen. Michael Bennet