2014 EXECs Advocacy Program Recap
2014 EXECs Advocacy Program Schedule:
February 13 – Program and participant introductions
Special Guest: Alison Felix, Assistant Vice President and Denver Branch Executive of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
March 6 – Chamber Day at the Capitol.
Join chamber of commerce executives from across Colorado. Learn to advocate and testify on bills.
Guest Speakers included:
- Loren Furman, The Colorado Chamber SVP of State & Federal Relations
- Joan Green Turner, former legislator & lobbyist
- Gayle Berry, former legislator & lobbyist
- Virginia Morrison Love, lobbyist with Pinnacol Assurance
- Joe Rice, Director of Gov’t Relations for Lockheed Martin
- Tisha Schuller, President and CEO of COGA
- Chuck Berry, The Colorado Chamber President
- Kevin Hougen, President & CEO of the Aurora Chamber of Commerce
- Diane Schwenke, President & CEO of the Grand Junction Chamber of Commerce
- Jennifer Kerr, President & CEO of the Broomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Jack Llewellyn-Executive Director of the Durango Chamber of Commerce
April 10 – Healthcare Industry Tour, Hosted at Air Methods Corporation
Guest Speakers include:
- Ryan Frazier, Senior Advisor to the CEO, Strategic Relations with Air Methods Corporation
- Ron Thackery, Senior Vice President, Professional Services & Integration at Emergency Medical Services Corp
- Hollie Seeley, Assistant Vice President of AIRLIFE Denver with HealthONE
- Monisha Merchant- Senior Advisor for Business Affairs for Senator Michael Bennet
- Drew Kerin, District Staff Assistant for Congressman Mike Coffman
- Morris Price, District Director for Congresswoman Diana DeGette
May 13 – EXECs Networking at Lincoln College of Technology
- Al Short, Executive Director at Lincoln College of Technology- Denver
- Stephanie Steffens, Director of the Colorado Workforce Development Council
June 19 & June 20 – Energy & Environment Industry Tour:
This jam-packed overnight trip to the Western Slope included an underground mine tour at the Henderson mine, a tour of an active drilling site, followed by a tour of WPX’s water management facility.
July 29 – EXECs Networking at the Brown Palace Hotel
- Marcel Pitton, Managing Director and General Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa will present a brief overview of this 121-year old historic landmark of Denver and share the ins and outs of running this magnificent hotel.
- Jayne Buck, Vice President of Tourism at VISIT DENVER will speak on how the tourism industry has evolved over the years with our changing demographics as well as discuss the impacts on Colorado’s tourism following the floods, fires, and winters. She will also discuss the role marijuana has played on the tourism industry and how it has impacted business.
Following the presentations, EXECs participants were led on a historical ghost tour of the Brown Palace!
August 12 – Manufacturing Industry Tour:
- Ben Lutze, Vice President and General Manager, EVRAZ Pueblo
- Nick Zeiman, Vice President of Operations at Spectranetics
September 18 – Data Centers, IT & Cyber Security Industry Tour: (Hosted at FORTRUST)
- David Shepard, Senior Vice President Sales & Marketing at FORTRUST
- Mike Trammell, Director of Security & Infrastructure at Webroot
- David Coker, Vice President of Product Service & Infrastructure at Intelligent Software Solutions
October 7 – Graduation/Celebration
Upon completion of the program, participants develop a strong foundation in Colorado business policy and advocacy, strengthen their network with other leaders from Colorado companies, and gain perspective on critical issues that impact the different regions of Colorado and the industries that support them. Participants completing the program receive an award of completion and are eligible to participate in alumni programs.