EXECs is for rising leaders who are passionate about shaping policy and enhancing Colorado’s economy and strengthening the Colorado business climate. If you are a mid- career executive who is truly interested in CACI’s advocacy and its mission to champion a healthy Colorado business climate, demonstrate leadership and is recognized for your career excellence, is employed and have 5+ years experience in your respective field, and put relationships first… these events are specifically designed for you! EXECs events are held quarterly at various businesses in the Denver Metro area and give participants the opportunity to learn about different Colorado companies outside of a classroom setting.
Networking for business development is a benefit of ongoing attendance…no one at a CACI EXECs event should feel they are a “sales target.”
Past Programs have included:
- a reception with the President of the Kansas City Federal Reserve
- a tour of the operations at American Furniture Warehouse
- a behind the scenes look at Colorado gaming, hosted by the Golden Casino Group.
- a behind the scenes look at the Denver Center for the Performing Arts
These fun and engaging events are a great way to expand your knowledge of the Colorado business community while expanding your professional network.
EXECs Advocacy Program
This 9-month program offers exclusive insight into the workings of prominent Colorado companies through business tours and policy- based forums with key Colorado executives and officials.
Participants learn about policy issues impacting their business and community while developing a working understanding of business advocacy. Tours will be fascinating “insider” looks at businesses while integrating policy issues focused around Healthcare, Labor & Employment, Tax, Energy & Environment, Manufacturing, and Federal Affairs. CACI staffers, key legislators and congressional staffers may be brought in for specific expertise.
EXECs Advocacy Program Schedule:
Participants are required to attend the Introduction, three of the four Industry Tours, one EXECs Networking event, one CACI council meeting that occurs during the legislative session, and Graduation.
Thursday, February 13 – Program and participant introductions
Special Guest: Alison Felix, Assistant Vice President and Denver Branch Executive of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
Thursday, March 6 – Chamber Day at the Capitol.
Join chamber of commerce executives from across Colorado. Learn to advocate and testify on bills.
Guest Speakers include:
- Loren Furman, CACI SVP of State & Federal Relations
- Joan Green Turner, former legislator & lobbyist
- Gayle Berry, former legislator & lobbyist
- Virginia Morrison Love, lobbyist with Pinnacol Assurance
- Joe Rice, Director of Gov’t Relations for Lockheed Martin
- Tisha Schuller, President and CEO of COGA
- Chuck Berry, CACI President
- Kevin Hougen, President & CEO of the Aurora Chamber of Commerce
- Diane Schwenke, President & CEO of the Grand Junction Chamber of Commerce
- Jennifer Kerr, President & CEO of the Broomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Jack Llewellyn-Executive Director of the Durango Chamber of Commerce
Thursday, April 10 – Healthcare Industry Tour, Hosted at Air Methods Corporation
Guest Speakers include:
- Ryan Frazier,Senior Advisor to the CEO, Strategic Relations with Air Methods Corporation
- Ron Thackery, Senior Vice President, Professional Services & Integration at Emergency Medical Services Corp
- Hollie Seeley, Assistant Vice President of AIRLIFE Denver with HealthONE
- Monisha Merchant- Senior Advisor for Business Affairs for Senator Michael Bennet
- Drew Kerin, District Staff Assistant for Congressman Mike Coffman
- Morris Price, District Director for Congresswoman Diana DeGette
Tuesday, May 13 – EXECs Networking at Lincoln College of Technology
Special Guest: Stephanie Steffens, Director of the Colorado Workforce Development Council
Thursday, June 19 and 20 – Industry Tour:
Energy and Environment issues focus. Travel via charter bus to the Western Slope. Overnight
This jam- packed overnight trip to the Western Slope included an underground mine tour at the Henderson mine, a tour of an active drilling site, followed by a tour of WPX’s water management facility. Please click here for more pictures.
Tuesday, July 29 – EXECs at the Brown Palace Hotel- Click here to register!
- Marcel Pitton, Managing Director and General Manager at The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa will present a brief overview of this 121-year old historic landmark of Denver and share the ins and outs of running this magnificent hotel.
- Jayne Buck, Vice President of Tourism at VISIT DENVER will speak on how the tourism industry has evolved over the years with our changing demographics as well as discuss the impacts on the Colorado’s tourism following the floods, fires, and winters. She will also discuss the role marijuana has played on the tourism industry and how it has impactedbusiness.
Following the presentations, we will be led on a historical ghost tour of the Brown Palace!
Tuesday, August 12 – Industry Tour:
Labor & Employment Issues focus. Travel via bus to Southern Colorado. Depart and return same day.
Thursday, September 18 – Industry Tour:
Tax – How do tax policies impact who stays and who grows in Colorado?
Tuesday, October 7 – Graduation/Celebration
* Dates Subject to Change
At the end of the program, participants will develop a strong foundation in Colorado business policy and advocacy, strengthen their network with other leaders from Colorado companies, and gain perspective on critical issues that impact the different regions of Colorado and the industries that support them. Those completing the program receive an award of completion and are eligible to participate in alumni programs.